Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love is in the Air, and Wine is in the News

When I checked my email this morning, I was figuratively clobbered over the head by the vast amount of articles about Valentine's Day wines. That's what I get for having so many Google Alerts set up. For your enjoyment, I've created a list of the best articles pertaining to V-Day wines:

Ray Isle of Food + Wine magazine, one of my favorite wine writers, published an article today about wine and chocolate pairing, which is a notoriously difficult process. Contrary to popular belief, wine and chocolate isn’t the perfect pair--Ray gives some great tips on how to make it work.

Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg of the Wall Street Journal and Washington Post provide this great article about food pairings and Valentine's Day wines. They also provide a link to Eat Something Sexy, a website maintained by a Cordon Bleu trained chef who specializes in food aphrodisiacs.

I may not be a fan of Charles Olken, but his love of brut Rosé sparklers endears him to me somewhat. His article about his wine picks for Valentine's Day gives some reviews of both domestic and imported sparkling wine.

Laurie Daniel of the San Jose Mercury News gives a great primer on Port, and her shopping suggestions for Valentine's Day.

The Napa Valley Register published a humorous article today about doing Valentine's Day on a budget in Napa (perhaps an oxymoron?), but the tips are universal.

Bill Daley of the Chicago Tribune and OC Register writes about dessert wines, which are truly underappreciated by American drinkers.

Happy Singles Awareness Day everyone. Go drink some wine.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love this posting! Way to cull the great wine articles out there for us.